Flavours of Fingal Gardening & Horticultural Show Competitions is managed by the wonderful Fingal Horticultural Society
In the Horticulture Marquee there will be over 80 competition classes for Flowers, Pot Plants, Vegetables, Fruit, Home Baking, Handcrafts, Flower Arranging and special Children's Classes under 9yrs and under 15yrs. We also have 6 qualifier competitions for All-Ireland Championships in Vegetables & Home Baking to be held later at shows in Tullamore, Virginia, Castleblayney & Tydavnet.
There will also be a wide selection of Flower & Gardening Demonstrations, Seed Sowing, Herb Growing, Hanging Basket & Container Gardening, Plant Propagation, Gardening Marquee Treasure Hunt, and all-day Gardening Advice.
So, if you think that you can grow the Best Vegetables & Flowers in Fingal or if you would like to be the Best Baker in Fingal come along and join us at Flavours…entry to all competitions is FREE.
Flavours of Fingal Gardening & Horticultural Show is organised by Fingal Horticultural Society (Swords), Naul & Balbriggan Gardening Clubs.
The Competition Classes are open to everyone, and we especially encourage first time exhibitors who will be assisted with their entries by members of the Fingal gardening clubs. A Perpetual Silver Salver plus a cash prize of €???, sponsored by Fingal Council will be awarded to the Best Exhibit in Sweet Pea, Cut Flowers & Pot Plants, Vegetables & Fruit, and Home Baking.
Enquiries about the show email: email@example.com or Phone:086 3901105
Flower Arranging demonstrations by Christoper White (from Three Gates Nursery Naul, multiple medal winner at Chelsea and Bloom) at 1200 noon & 2pm
Hanging Basket & Container Gardening by Michael Connolly/Ann O’Meara at 1pm & 3pm
Plant Propagation at 11:30am & 1:30pm
Herb Growing at 12:30pm & 2:30pm
Gardening Advice - all day
Childrens Corner, Seed Sowing & Vegetable Display - all day
Gardening & Horticultural Marquee Treasure Hunt - all day
• Entries close at 9pm on Wednesday 28th June 2023 and should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 086 3901105
• Exhibits may be staged on Friday 30th June between 1pm and 5pm, followed by judging that evening.
• Each exhibit will be given a Class Card which must be placed face down in front of the exhibit to which it relates. In the case of Children’s Classes, age should be written on the back of the card so that the Judge can take this into account.
• Exhibits must not be removed before the close of show at 6pm on Sunday.
• All exhibits must be the bona fide production of the Exhibitor and named as far as possible.
• A competitor may not enter more than one exhibit in any class, unless otherwise stated.
• There is no entry fee, except for the six All Ireland Qualifier Championships which is €3 at this show and €6 at the final.
• Sweet Pea, Roses & Cut Flowers must be shown in vases provided.
• We will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any exhibit before, during or after the Show, but all reasonable care shall be exercised.
• The Judges decision will be final